We took today as a relaxation day. We went for a walk around the neighbourhood, picked up some postcards and went for a walk on the beach.
After a lunch of sandwiches, we put the Turtle down for a nap and I took the Toad to the beach.
An afternoon of watching a movie on the Disney channel, a trip to the grocery store for tomorrows lunch and some veggies and we called it a day.
A few observations:
- People, especially men, should not wear thongs to the beach. This is even more important if the thong wearer has a lot of body hair.
- Although we now have credit cards with a chip in Canada, I have yet to come across a single credit card machine down here that uses the chip.
- I was reminded today about the tide, both high, and low. No wonder the water level at the beach seemed to fluctuate from day to day.
- Yesterday was the first time I have ever heard a person referred to as a 'baby mama', not a girlfriend, partner, wife, etc.
- In South Beach, on New Years Eve, you have to pay to reserve a table. The fellow I spoke to paid $250 to reserve a table at a restaurant in South Beach. Not even on the beach, or even facing the fireworks, or even a top end restaurant. Just for a regular restaurant and having the honor of then paying for a meal.
Post a Comment